Why Mess Causes Stress
Clutter is bad for your physical and mental wellbeing because of its visual reminders of all the work that needs to be done. Clutter causes distractions and draws our attention away from what’s really important. That’s why it’s so critical to have an organized and clutter-free space.
Noone works well in a messy home office. So, what’s the solution? Get rid of all the clutter by organizing what you have and start the clean up process from there. If you don’t use it, don’t want it or don’t need it – just get rid of it! Why? Because clutter can cause anxiety, stress, depression, anger and it will even drain your energy.
6 Health Concerns Pertaining to Clutter That You Should Be Aware Of
- Clutter causes our senses to work overtime and distracts us by drawing our attention from what our focus should be on.
- It makes it more difficult to relax, both physically and mentally.
- It’s a constant reminder that our work is never done.
- Clutter creates feelings of guilt because we say to ourselves as we scan the room with our eyes, “I should be more organized!”
- Clutter stunts or inhibits creativity and productivity by invading the space that allows you to think, brainstorm and problem solve.
- And lastly, clutter frustrates us because it prevents us from finding what we need quickly when we need it.
What To Do With Your Clutter
Get Rid Of The Mess
Get your mess in order and clean it up. Use your vertical space to get more organized especially if you’re working in a small area. Try adding whiteboards, file hangers, floating shelves, bookcases, built-ins etc.
Think Of Zones & Space Utilization
Find out how you want to use your office and create zones within your space. A zone for working, planning & strategizing, meditating, and/or lounging & relaxing in between work. Consider your workflow and what you need at your fingertips. Organization is the key to success as well as being and staying productive.
When decorating your home office space you want to make sure it’s designed in a way that will inspire you to thrive within your environment. Your office design should really reflect your unique style and personality. It should be fashionable, functional, inspirational and comfortable at the same time.
Keep in mind, your furniture should serve, and work harder than you do so invest in quality furnishings like a standing desk if you don’t like sitting for long periods of time, an ergonomic chair with good back support, and comfortable sofa or chair for you to lounge on in between breaks. Don’t just think about the pretty but also make sure your furnishings will be functional and practical to help increase your productivity.
How To Create A Functional & Fashionable Home Office
Smart Storge Solutions
- Electronic filing system: Going paperless reduces the amount of physical clutter instantly.
- Closed storage solutions such as decorative cabinets and bookcases
- Floating shelves, trays and baskets
- Drawer dividers
- Desk racks, trays and displays
- Utility carts
- Desk with built in storage
Style Your Mess Or Your Mess Will Define You
Decor & Styling Tips
- Real plants or greenery
- Inspiring art on the walls, ceiling (wallpaper or paint) and floor (accent rug)
- Comfortable and stylish furniture options that feel good to the touch
- Colors that fuel your creativity and imagination
- Decorative lighting and fun accessories
- Visual productivity trackers (whiteboard, calendar and/ or goal tracking board)
- Stylish bins, baskets and decor
- Fashionable pillows and throw
Are You Suffering With Stressful Working Conditions At Home?
We can help whip your home office into shape whenever you get sick and tired of being sick and tired. If you’re feeling overwhelmed right now because your office is not functioning how you need it to, schedule a 20-minute complimentary Discovery Call with us so we can put you on the right path to better working conditions.
Organize the mess to get rid of the stress and set yourself up for success every step of the way!
Until Next Time,